Are you facing problems while under the Invisalign treatment? Well, a lot of patients experience difficulties that later discourage them to get perfectly aligned teeth in the future. If you are among such patients, then you have landed on the right page. In this content, you will get to see the common problems that Invisalign wearers face, and how those problems can be solved with some tips to tackle them.
- Lost aligners: Have you misplaced your aligners? If yes, then until the new set of aligners are being arranged, use the previous one. You must visit your orthodontist to get the replacement of the new braces. To prevent such accidents, you are suggested to put the braces in a container while drinking, eating, brushing, and flossing.
- Aligners are Rubbing Your Cheeks and Tongue: Soon after wearing the new braces, it may irritate the inside of your cheeks or the tongue. The use of ulcer gel may give you some relief if the aligner has a sharp edge.
- Toothache Due to Clear Braces: As soon as you start wearing new braces, your teeth can ache for one or two days. Hence, you must eat soft food these days and can take pain relief medication like paracetamol to discard the discomfort.
- Bad Breath: If bad breath comes out, it is recommended to brush two times a day to keep your mouth clean. Rinse your mouth with oral cleaner or chew gum before placing the aligners back into your mouth.
- Excess Amount of Saliva Inside Mouth: It’s quite common that if you are new to putting something inside your mouth, it will create excess saliva. However, it will lessen with time.
- Invisalign Attachment Fell Out: If you find that the Invisalign attachment falls off, you need to visit your orthodontist to get it replaced. Until you get the new set from the expert, you must wear the previous aligners.
- Experiencing Lisp: The first-time wearer of clear braces may experience lisp. The tongue needs a few days to adjust with the braces and in that phase, the more you speak the quicker you will get back to the normal.
- Forget to Wear Braces: It is recommended to wear braces at least 20-22 hours a day to ensure the best outcome. People who fail to follow the treatment plan properly might have to start the treatment plan again.
- Results are Not Satisfactory: While wearing the final set of aligners, it might happen that you are not happy with the teeth position. Well, there is nothing to worry about, the orthodontist will give you extra aligners to achieve the best possible results. This stage is known as the refinement stage.
Invisalign aligner is an outstanding alternative to the metal braces, so if you are experiencing these above-mentioned troubles while wearing the Invisalign, here are a few things you can do-
- Regular Cleaning of Aligners: The Invisalign aligners come with almost invisible orthodontic treatment, which needs proper cleaning to prevent staining of the aligners. Use a brace-friendly cleaning solution and clean the braces regularly, which will keep the trays clean and in good shape.
- Wear Them for Full 22 Hours: The aligners will work only when you will give them enough time to wear. For most people, it is suggested to wear it for 22 hours a day. Moreover, you have to take out the aligners whenever you are about to eat and drink anything other than water. Not wearing them for enough hours a day can prolong the treatment.
- Expect Some Discomfort: Invisalign moves the teeth to their better position. So, this process of straightening the teeth may cause some discomfort, when you switch to a new aligner tray. However, there’s nothing to worry about, as the pain will go away in a few days. It would be better if plan for the transition to the new trays, by wearing them at your sleep time, it won’t let you feel the discomfort.
- Floss and Brush Your Teeth: The Invisalign braces completely encase your teeth, which not only allows proper teeth straightening but also trap the bacteria and germs inside your mouth, since the saliva won’t reach your teeth and gumline to rinse them off. Hence, it is advised to brush and floss your teeth after each meal before putting the aligners back into your mouth.
- Don’t Throw Your Old Aligners: It has already been discussed earlier that you may lose or damage the aligners accidentally. Keeping such cases in mind, you must preserve your old aligners, even after you receive a new set of aligners, and hold each of them throughout the treatment. It will not only show the progress but also can give you backup in need.
- Store the Aligners Properly: With Invisalign, you will get proper orthodontic treatment, but their invisibility comes with another constrain of misplacing them. Hence, it is advised to use a proper container to store them while eating and drinking.
Lastly, it is normal to feel self-conscious about the aligners at first, but it doesn’t mean that you will feel discouraged about the treatment. Initially, you will find it difficult to talk normally at first, but the more you do, the easier you will get. You can contact Chatfield Dental Braces to know the cost of Invisalign treatment in UK.